Tuesday 26 March 2013

Whoa! Googley Eyed Girlies

Hello lovely friends!

Firstly, thank you all for your lovely and thoughtful messages of support and condolence regarding our loss of 'Big Ron'. They have really touched me and so I appreciate all of them.

Again, this week, I have thrown myself into making art and have been experimenting a little with colour. I wrote a while ago about me taking part in Life Book with Tamara Laporte and lots of other amazing artists. One of the reasons I was so excited about joining in with Life Book was the inclusion of Mindy Lacefield as one of the new teachers. I so love her style and particularly her use of colour and I was keenly awaiting her lesson. And, it didn't disappoint - she is such a wonderful and inspiring artist and teacher.

So, inspired by Mindy, I got some neon acrylic paints and incorporated them into some new paintings I have been working on.

Whoa! Look At Me!


Mila is a googley eyed girl that was inspired by my tricksy girl in my painting 'It Wasn't Me'. You may remember I wrote about sketching her out during a recent yucky spell I was having but the right idea for incorporating her into a painting hadn't come to me until recently. I am so pleased with how she turned out. She definitely makes me a happy bunny, hehe!



Googley Eyed Eva



Eva couldn't believe her eyes! What she saw made her eyes even more googley than usual! (I wonder what it is she has seen?? Hehe!!)


          Love 'n' hugs and hope you are all well and happy!


xXx

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you, Rosa. These big eyed girlies do make me smile! Xx

      Delete
  2. Deborah, so much fun!! ;o) I love the colors and I love the faces! They make me smile too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am so glad that they make you smile, Stacy! xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. loving all the colour. I love Mindy's style too. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do any of her courses yet... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine. Mindy has a great eye for colour. I haven't been able to do a full course but just her one lesson in Life Book was fantastic! xx

      Delete
  4. I love the eyes. They're very whimsical and bubbly. Wonderful fun work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Shelley. It is so fun to paint their googlie eyes too xx

    ReplyDelete