Thursday 16 May 2013

Living In The Moment

Hey lovlies! I can't believe it is so long since my last post! Where has this time gone?



Oh, My Word!!


Life is moving way too fast for me to keep up. My lovely daughter is about to leave school this week. I look at what a wonderful young lady she has become and think where is the curious little girlie that ran into nursery not a care in the world leaving me in floods of tears because she ran into school with not a care in the world hehe! Where has the time gone?

More and more, it is becoming apparent to me that I need to live more in the moment and take stock of the here and now. If you remember, my father in law passed away recently. Very suddenly and without warning. I think this was the start of me really noticing the time whizzing by and me not being able to keep up.

By striving to live more in the moment, I am hoping to be able to slow some things down and appreciate much more the wonderful things in my life (before they all up and leave without a care in the world!)

I have been doing a lot of sketching recently. I have loved the quiet, focused, time-slowing time and being able to play and create new girlies. Here are some of my favourites that I am intending on making into paintings over the next few weeks.







This little girlie has already become my latest painting. I think her eyes are probably the biggest and most hopeful I have drawn.





Owl Was Somewhat Concerned (but she knew everything would be okay).

I am going to love and leave you with a fabulous piccie sent to me be the equally fabulous Stacy. She recently gave one of my Googley Eyed Girls a new home. When I listed her 'sister' on Etsy, she took a picture of them both together. It really made me smile. Thanks lovely Stacy xx



Have a lovely week! xx

6 comments:

  1. Time sure is speeding past this year for sure!!

    Just a thought....have you thought about selling your girl's as sketches as well as painted? they are wonderfully drawn and detailed as they are.
    I'm a scruffy drawer/sketcher so there's no hope for me ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is LOADS of hope for you!! Haha! Thank you, Micki.

    I would love to learn more about watercolour. I would love to watercolour some of my sketches as an alternative to applying them to a mixed media painting. I keep trying but not quite got to grips with it yet.

    Practice makes perfect though (fingers crossed!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful girls, I especially love the 2nd one down (pigtails). Keep the wonderful art going and having deserved success! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Rosa Lily! She is definitely one of my favourites too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deborah ;o) You are so right, you have to live each day to the fullest! Cherish every moment ;o) Life goes by too fast! I am loving all your new art!! Your creations are so precious ;o) Love them!
    (The one with her hands in the air, is fun!)
    Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Stacy! Hope all is well with you too xx

    ReplyDelete